OpenADR: Pump Test

While I’m putting the design for the OpenADR mop module together, I decided to do a quick test of the 3D printed pump I’ll be using to move the water/cleaning solution from the internal reservoir to the floor.  The pump I am planning to use is a 3D printed peristaltic pump from Thingiverse.

IMG_0634

For my test setup, I used the another of the cheap, yellow motors that I powered the wheels on the main chassis and the brushes on the vacuum module to drive the pump.  I threaded some surgical tubing from a full glass of water, through the pump, and into an empty glass.  I then ran the motor off of 5V.

Overall the pump ran great, albeit a little slower than I anticipated.  The next step is integrating it into the mop!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s