It’s been a while since I’ve posted here, not because I haven’t been working on projects but more because I’ve spent the better part of a year trying to add some diversity to my hobbies. Last April I decided to finally lose the weight I’d gained since high school so I did a little self-improvement and lost forty pounds while exploring some other interests. Aside from the weight loss I took up running and biking, started learning to play violin, wrote a novel for NaNoWriMo, and am currently experimenting with gardening and cooking. Luckily many of these activities provide opportunities for electronics hacks and designs so I anticipate a few smaller hacks centered around these new hobbies in addition to the large, ongoing projects I have going.
Since I last posted, I’ve redesigned the OpenSCAD to make the robot much smaller. I haven’t documented any of this and I’m pretty sure it’s a dead end, but I’ll try and write up the changes I’ve made and my results soon. I haven’t really done anything else on the PiGRRL Switch. Everything I need is sitting on my desk, I just need to buckle down and put it all together. I plan on starting with the console and verifying it works with a regular USB controller and then finishing the custom controllers.