I just finished testing v0.2 of the chassis and results are great! The robot runs pretty well on hardwood/tile but it still has a little trouble on carpet. I think I may need to further increase the ground clearance but for now it’ll work well enough to start writing code!
To demo the robot’s motion I wired up an Arduino Leonardo to an L9110 motor driver to control the motors and an HC-SR04 to perform basic obstacle detection. I’m using a backup phone battery for power. The demo video is below:
Over the next couple of days I plan on wiring up the rest of the ultrasonic sensors and doing some more advanced motion control. Once that’s finished I’ll post more detailed explanations of the electronics and the source code!
One thought on “OpenADR: Motion Test #2”
[…] the previous version of the chassis in a working state, I only made two changes for version 0.3. The first change was a major one. As I mentioned […]